Cosmetic fillings, as the name goes, are dental fillings done with a resin material which comes in different shades to match with the shade of the patient’s teeth. These fillings are essentially used to restore the carious teeth after thorough cleaning of the cavities from the teeth.
The tooth-colored fillings can also be used to change the size, color or shape of your teeth. For example, cosmetic dental fillings can close gaps between teeth, repair chipped teeth or make teeth appear straighter and more even. Cosmetic fillings can also be used to replace old, silver amalgam fillings.
Advantages of Cosmetic Fillings
• They closely match your natural tooth color and appearance.
• They bond to your tooth structure chemically, meaning there is no need for slots, grooves or pins to be placed in your healthy teeth.
• The bonding of white fillings to your tooth restores 85% – 95% of its original strength.
• They completely harden in seconds, instead of days required by some other materials.
• You will have little to no pain or sensitivity with composite resin fillings.